Sunday 24 September 2017

A Flare-up

The horrendous arthritis flare up began late on Friday afternoon. Friday night and Saturday were awful.  Now on Sunday after another sleepless night, I seem to be turning the corner.  Apart from my back, which is worrying me. The attack started with my right ankle, but during last night it seemed to progress from the bottom of my spine to the top.

At one point I thought I was having a heart attack - painful tightness in chest, and difficulty in breathing - but after a while it seemed more like the roaming arthritis attack.

So I am missing the meeting today - and the Circuit Overseer's talks!  Which is sad. I have tried to listen in, but the line is a bit crackly this morning and that, combined with my tinnitus, has made it impossible.

I am becoming more of a wreck every day that passes.   This growing old is difficult.

I thought I had paced myself too.  I visited  Jean and her daughter on Friday morning, shopped first, and so took it easy on Friday afternoon. But... maybe it was the stairs?  I do try to avoid them these days wherever possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment