Monday 23 October 2017

A Retro Moth

Salagena tessellata

I was looking through Captain Butterfly's African moth and butterfly blogs - lovely creatures, lovely names - and was struck by this retro-moth. Surely there is something of the Fifties about this design?  Very Festival of Britain.  The style of my youth.

Which goes to show that, as the Inspired Scriptures tell us, there is nothing new under the sun.  Jehovah created retro before Retro even existed.

"What has been will be again,
  what has been done will be done again;
  there is nothing new under the sun,"
          Ecclesiastes 1:9

Which might seem obvious. And is certainly true.  But why?   Isn't it because Jehovah is the Creator of all new things, and at the moment he is doing a restorative work towards the earth.  He is in the process of restoring it to the Paradise it was always meant to be.

Then, after that, after the Thousand Years, there will be new things. Things we can't even dream of now.

In the meantime, there is more than enough to keep us interested.  A new series of "Blue Planet" is just starting - and David Attenborough was being interviewed on the BBC News this morning - saying how wonderful, how fascinating, the sea and the life in it is. 

Our meeting yesterday was such a help.  There is no teaching like it in the world - and I only wish that everyone...     We, Jean and myself, went to Waitrose afterwards, to have coffee with a Bible student who is attending the meetings regularly, and who says he really looks forward to the coffee get together.   He reminds me of myself when I first started to attend the meetings - just drinking it all in.   Drinking in the teaching, not the coffee that is.  Though in his case, both.  We found a couple of the young sisters there and joined them, so it was quite a jolly table. I gave Jean and another sister a lift home afterwards.

I am a far from sociable person - being somewhat on the Aspergers radar - I really identified with the Chris Packahm docco where he spoke about his life with Autism/Apspergers.  One of the hardest things about coming into the truth - Christianity being called "the way of the truth" - for me was being congregated, becoming part of a large family.  Lovely, of course, but difficult.

But there is room for everyone in the truth, and I can feel both happy and useful in it. Though I am also feeling very guilty about all the people I have not got back to....

It was a beautiful day yesterday, blue skies, white clouds, big waves on the beach. We all enjoyed the drive back along the seafront.

Its grey and rainy today, with waves.  And the Captain and I shopped this morning - Waitrose (using up our coupons), the Post Office (posting the Butterfly Memberships) and to the Pie Shop (doing a bit of Billy Buntering).

Jackie has finished "Waiting for Gordo" and said she found it very scary (I hope it is funny too).  But she seemed to have enjoyed it, and did read it quickly.  And my aim was to make it a good read, so that gives me a positive feeling about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment