Sunday 1 October 2017

Barristas...?

Friday morning we met Ian and Sheryl at a new coffee shop that I won't name. We planned to have brunch there.  They are over from Oz, visiting family and friends and they managed a brief stopover, which was lovely.   We haven't seen them since the evening we spent on their lovely yacht in Chichester Harbour some years ago.

They really did look just the same - and seem to be keeping busy and happy.

So - we met at this glamorous new venue we have been watching them build for the last year and were looking forward to trying it out.    It was empty apart from one other couple.   We sat there for ages, then realised we had perhaps better look at the menu.  Which looked good.  There was a lovely veggie brek on that I was going to order - and some other wonderful sounding things for the others. 

The young staff, who never came near us, were having fun at the counter and playing loud jangly music.  Which I don't really want at any time - let alone 9.30 in the morning.   So Captain B asked them politely if they could turn it down.  No, they couldn't.  Or at any rate, they didn't. So we left (as did the other couple) and we went and had breakfast at Waitrose.   Porridge and blueberries for himself, a bacon butty for Ian, bacon and avocado for beautiful Sheryl, and sourdough toast with honey for myself - plus large lattes all round.  It was excellent.

We will not be bothering again with the new place. It is clearly only for young and trendy people - the sort who know what the word "barrista" means.


It has been a real nothing weekend - we are both feeling so tired - most unusual for Captain B, not so unusual for me these days.  I did get myself together for the field service on Saturday, but realised that I would not be able to drive - legs too painful.   I got myself to the meeting this morning though - so they must have been a bit better - and was able to give a lift to the lovely young sister who lives across the road. She usually walks there and I drive her back, but it was raining this morning, so I chauffered her both ways.  Which was something useful at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment