Tuesday 31 October 2017

Ear Ear

Littlehampton bonfire night 28th October, 2017
Started on a new course of treatment for my ears yesterday - a nose spray that will help to clear a possible blockage in the right ear.  Dr. M did a test in the morning and I can hardly hear anything in that ear.  I knew it was the bad one, as it was that ear that provided the strange auditory illusion, when it sang "If I loved you" in Nathan Granner's voice to me.

Keith and Janet stayed the night on Saturday, and we swapped books.  I gave them "Waiting for Gordo" and Janet gave me:
York Literary Review Spring 2017
and
The Valley Press Anthology of Yorkshire Poetry
to both of which she has contributed some excellent poems.

She is in prestigious company in the Anthology, which includes Carol Ann Duffy, Ian Duhig, and Clare Pollard.  All favourites of mine. And I love Janet (Dean)'s poetry too.

Didn't get to the meeting on Sunday as we had visitors. We sat over a long breakfast and then they headed North via a lunch with friends en route.  It was good to catch up, and I do wish we lived nearer to family.

Jean and I drove to Angmering on Saturday morning - and got some calls done.  We turned in and out of cul-de-sacs, here, there and everywhere, only got ourselves a bit lost once, and had some good calls.   The Fairground was set up on the Green, and Jacks joined us for supper, bonfire and fireworks.  I made us some chicken and mushroom, and we had ice-cream afterwards.

The bonfire was splendid, but Jacks and I felt that the fireworks were not quite as spectacular as usual.   They were still spectacular though.
Littlehampton fireworks 28th October, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment