Saturday 21 October 2017

Storm Who?

Storm Somebody or Other arrived today.   Jean and I decided not to go out. She is very frail and I worry about her in a high wind.  I am not much use these days, with painful knees and so crippled in one arm.

We really would have needed a sturdy brother to drive us about, and help us with getting Jean's walker down the stairs and into the car. As Winter arrives we may have to make some such arrangement.

So it was a quiet day.  Which suited me. Captain B has not been well and we have had two difficult nights.  He is feeling a lot better today, thank God.   I did my studying for Sunday this morning, and got the butterfly paperwork done, dusted, and ready for a trip to the Post Office on Monday. And I made us lunch and supper - veggie soup and yoghurt, and a supper of cod goujuns from Lidl's with rice and peas and a sweet and sour sauce.  No Jackie this weekend, but she is coming over next weekend when Keith and Janet are here.

Aunt Jo rang to thank me for the book - as did Lilian.  They both loved the cover, so my publisher has done me proud.   I hope they will also love the book...    it seems so slight now I re-read it. Though I do think the beginning and the ending are just right.   And I hope no-one will guess who the villain is.

Jen and I had a good morning together on Thursday.   I told her the story of my Daniel in the Lion's Den experience (in minor key, with cat) and she thought it was very funny.  Which it is in retrospect, but quite desperate at the time.   And I was out with one of the young pioneers in the afternoon, and it was the meeting in the evening.

I don't think I did much at all on Friday, apart from a bit of housework, as that was such a busy day for me, nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment