Friday 27 October 2017

The Decisive White Bar

Decisive White Bar, Eustrotia decissima
This Decisive fellow is from the Captain's (b)Log - from his recent Africa trip.  What wonderful names moths have.  And why is it Decisive?  Did its Discoverer and Namer see that it was very brisk and definite about its choice of flower to nectar from?  Or about its choice of mate?

It has got me thinking of a name for me if I were a moth.  The Indecisive Susan might do, I guess, as my Discoverer, which would have to be Captain Butterfly, observed me hovering and havering over flowers, worrying about choosing the wrong one.

Still I did make a good choice of mate.  And I listened to the Jehovah's Witnesses who called at my door all those years ago - and have clung to them ever since.

Had my ears syringed yesterday.  Never had it done before.  I hope it will restore my hearing... if not, it will be the hearing aid route.

The nurse and I managed a running joke all the way through the process, because I had told her about my strange experience of finding a little radio inside my right ear that played a perfect rendition of Nathan Granner, (of the American Tenors) singing "If I loved you" in rehearsal.

It played and played in my ear.  It was both scary and a definite improvement on the tinnitus, as it is a song I love, and Nathan has a wonderful voice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG64aJgR

Apparently these auditory hallucinations are a known. but rare (or rarely reported?), side-effect of tinnitus...  and as I said, it did give us a running joke through the syringeing process. We ended with a rousing chorus of: "She's washed that man right out of my ear".


Jean and I did calls on Tuesday.  But its so hard to find people at home.  And I am still behind.  Today the Captain and I will shop together - and I will cook something for tomorrow night, so I can get out on the doors tomorrow and hopefully continue to catch up.



No comments:

Post a Comment