Thursday 9 November 2017

Yawning and Spinning

I was driving poor Captain Butterfly mad yesterday by yawning all the time... he even started to spin round in his chair saying "I divorce you, I divorce you..."   But I reminded him it was too late - we are no longer in Saudi.

"Not fair" he sulked
"Life isn't fair" was my cruel but accurate response.

Though, to be fair, I had had quite a busy day for me.  Hospital in the morning - sleep clinic - for my sleep problems - then to Maggie in the afternoon - a bit harrowing as she was having a difficult time.   She startled me as I was leaving by saying something new.  She has been consistently losing words and phrases and is now down to very few. But she suddenly said "Thanks for putting up with me."

She has never said that before.

I had to go back and reassure her that I wasn't putting up with her. That I wanted to come and see her. She and Don were very good to me always.  But I don't know how much of what I said she understood. Nothing, I guess, but you have to try.

And I also did some calls on the way to Maggie and on the way back.  Mostly they were not at home, but I did find two in. And one I can call on again.

They are stressing return visits in the meeting tomorrow. But it is not easy.

The Captain had a good day as he and Butterfly Mark went off adventuring.  And he also sorted out his pictures for the 2018 Calendar.    But where did 2017 go to?   People sometimes ask me if I am bored in retirement, and I have to assure them that I haven't had time to find out yet.

Great telly.  Masterchef - the Professionals; followed by The Apprentice; followed by the new series of Detectorists.   My head was spinning by the time I went to bed.  I wonder what all this constant input is doing to our brains?

No comments:

Post a Comment