Friday 15 December 2017

A Food Bank First

We went shopping yesterday morning - which included posting a copy of "Waiting for Gordo" to Dorothy.  And we got a card from Peter, who says he is taking it as his travel reading!  I am so pleased.  But how I wish I could have shared it with Marie.

I am trying to get my talk for next Thursday done - 4 minutes or less - I have the outline sorted but not the time. So it still needs some work.

A food bank first. Never been asked for donations in our sleepy seaside town before, but it turned out Waitrose had a trolley ready just past the checkouts. Had I known it was going to be there I would have bought something specially for it.  But as it was we had already shopped, so I donated some toiletries that I can always buy again next time.

My talk is a return visit, 4 minutes or less and the counsel point is : Effective Conclusion. As I have to invite the person to our meetings, I guess that will be the effective conclusion.  Hopefully.

Jean and I plan to go out on the work this afternoon, weather permitting.

The weather did permit and we did.  It was cold but sunny, and we managed and hour and a quarter.  All being well tomorrow, we plan to go to the Field Service Group and do a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment