Wednesday 6 December 2017

The Lord of the Rings

Apparently Storm Caroline is on the way - should hit us tonight. So I am watching the Channel for signs of her arrival.    I was going to say that its quite calm, but actually the odd white horse is starting to appear - its all getting a bit agitated.

We have a project on this morning to get the engagement ring re-sized so it will fit my swollen arthritic finger - the one that Col detected some years ago (the ring, not the finger!). Its a very pretty Victorian ring.   Then it is a trip to Maggie this afternoon, followed by meeting up with a young pioneer sister as we are going to call on a lady we have been talking to for a couple of weeks now.

Its getting colder - the sea is roaring a bit - and our ring mission failed.  It would cost as much to get it altered as it would to buy a new one... or almost.  So I was looking enthusiastically in the jewelers shop windows while the Lord of the Rings (Captain Butterfly) was looking glum and thoughtful.

I suspect he will be taking his metal detector down to the beach quite a lot this winter to see if he can detect a ring in my size.    My original ring, bought in our student days,  had to be cut off my finger in Casualty while I was in the throes of a violent arthritis flare-up which caused my hands to swell up like balloons.

I am watching and loving the Masterchef Professional  Series.   So the Captain wondered why he got baked beans on toast for lunch.   Too busy watching Masterchef?!    I have offered to make him raw pigeon tomorrow, as it seems to be an in thing at the moment.

He has since decided that he loves my beans on toast.

Its pie for supper tonight - Steak and Ale for Captain Carnivore, Mushroom and Asparagus for me- with leeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment