Tuesday 16 January 2018

A Taxing Day

Yesterday was the beginning of doing the tax returns.  I keep a lot of info in a card system during the year and spent the morning collating it, to hand over to Captain Gallant who does the on-line stuff.  Its a lot of hassle, but it has to be done.

We went to the talk at Arundel Monday night with Terry, Jackie is not too well at the moment.   Tom was there, for the first time! Don't know what he thought about it all though - but will probably find out tomorrow.   Good talk - on the Pembrokeshire Coast - but the questions at the end went on a bit too long. We are all tired these days.

Saturday was the first of our new special days at the Kingdom Hall.  The elders plan one a month, when we all meet for the field service, come back from a cup of tea, sandwich and cake, and watch the broadcast.
https://tv.jw.org/#en/home

It went very well, so I hope this new arrangement continues,  I picked up Jean and a young sister, drove them to the Hall, parked (which does not get any easier, more and more cars on the road), went to the group, then Jean and I did calls, had some good ones, back to the Hall at 11.45 to find lunch in full swing, and then the broadcast, and I drove my passengers home.   I even managed a small Lidl shop on the way back.

Jacks came round for supper - chicken and mushroom, rice, spring rolls, trifle (Lidl), - but as she wasn't feeling too well she stayed the night with us, just in case. 

Jean and I were out this morning, doing calls.  It is a lovely sunny morning, but very cold. We are in another cold spell apparently.

Hopefully I now have a quiet day ahead of me.   A bit of housework, some studying, a bit of daytime TV - I am very fond of The Chase - and some relaxation.  I feel old and tired, but also busy and useful.  And above all I know that a  rescue is on the way.  I only wish I could get that across to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment