Monday 5 February 2018

February Fill Dyke

Apparently the Romans used to call February "February Filldyke" because it tended to rain so much. And we have got off to a rainy start.  Though Sunday it was very cold, but sunny with a wonderful sky.  I took Anne Marie shopping and we both stopped to appreciate the blue sky filled with fluffy white clouds. Then we scurried into the warmth of Waitrose.

It was a great meeting on Sunday, of course.  There is no other teaching like it.

Its a beautiful sunny day today - so far - but very cold, with snow in some parts of the UK. I hope to get out on the work this afternoon before the weather changes, but will have to wait till after lunch when the Captain returns with the missing Treasure Chest of King Canute (assuming, that is, that King Canute, had a treasure chest, that he lost it on our beach, and Captain B is detecting it at this very moment!)  I forgot to ask him to help me into my woolly socks before he left.  And some days I can struggle into them on my own - some days I can't.

Jacks came over Saturday for a curry night.  A fun evening, lots of laughter.

And much better news of my nephew. He is now out of Intensive Care and into High Dependency. And he has sent us his love.  I popped another card into the post yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment