Saturday 10 February 2018

SPEAK UP BOY!

A sad day Friday.   I now own a pair of hearing aids. They are so technological that I don't feel I will ever be able to use them though.    The Hearing Trumpet has moved on, and now has lots of buttons and gizmos...

I have to break them in gently apparently - an hour to two a week, at home, and then increase the usage. My poor old brain has to get to understand this new way of hearing.

I hope to be out on the work today though - as my hearing has come back  - not wonderful - but for 2 days I could hear very little.  No explanation yet as to why it comes and goes like this - Specsavers could find no obvious cause - but they say the hospital may be able to.

It is all very depressing - and also makes me feel increasingly guilty about what I am costing  the NHS.  Can I really be worth it?

I managed to get out on the door to door work on Thursday, but only because the sister I was with did the talking and listening for me.   And I also got to the meeting. I could hear some of the Speakers from the platform, but none of the comments, though we are all microphoned.

And today is a full day - pick up Jean - take her to the Hall - find somewhere to park - get to Field Service group (will I be able to hear anything) - go out on work - back for a sandwich lunch at the Hall - and then the Broadcast.

Himself and Terry are off for a day out bird watching in Rye Harbour.  He has already left, sandwiches and flask in hand, and a camera at every corner.

Its pretty frosty out there.  I hope we will all keep safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment