Wednesday 7 March 2018

The Cold!

I have gone down with THE COLD - the one that has been decimating the UK.  I have got through all the Winter without it, people coughing and sneezing all round me, and now... just as Spring is coming.

Oh dear.  At least its not flu, as I don't have a temperature.

It started yesterday morning.  Chris and Star were dropping in for breakfast and I had a load of croissants in.  However, that all went pear-shaped as Chris (no Star this time) got stranded in the rush hour traffics so he and Captain B met up in Arundel for a walk and a picnic lunch.

Then he came back for supper.  I am not used to providing impromptu meals any more. On PlanetExpat it was different. i was used to a phone call from Captain B saying he and a party of hungry divers would be back in an hour and could I provide lunch.  Back then I could. I had my big American fridge well provisioned and I was younger.

However, I had a panful of our staple, veggie soup, in, some croissants, and a selection of yoghurts. And we all had a hearty enough supper off that.  I couldn't eat much anyway.

Jean and I did manage to get out on Sunday - and took the flowers and card round to the lady who has lost her husband. Sadly the Lawyer was not at home, and I don't suppose I will be getting out this week.   Apart from feeling awful and coughing all the time, you can't really turn up on peoples' doorsteps and cough and sneeze all over them.

No comments:

Post a Comment