Monday 2 April 2018

Should we be Allowed out On Our Own?

The question for April.  Should Jean and I be allowed out on our own?   We tottered off on Friday - C.O. conducting the Field Service group - got our territory - started working on the wrong road - realised it just as we were being rained off anyway... it was a very cold rain, that made our elderly bones ache even more than usual.

Now it was my fault. I can't blame Jean for that - though I  am trying to work out a way to pin it on her.  Anyway, hopefully, I retrieved the situation a bit by having arranged some indoor territory just in case - flats, with lifts. We managed to place the rest of our Memorial invitations, and the valiant Jean would have gone on to every flat with just the meeting invites, but she simply wasn't able. Which was a relief to me as my knees were getting so painful.

She had  a cup of coffee with us afterwards and Col ran her home while I got lunch - sausages for Captain Carnivore and veggie soup for me. 

Saturday we got to the C.O. Field Service meeting at the Hall and had a morning doing calls - getting a lovely welcome from those we found at home.   And Sunday was two talks from the Circuit Overseer.  So timely - much needed.

The first was the Public Talk:  How Can I Survive the End of the World?     And it is important and urgent that people know that this lovely earth is not coming to an end, but it is the wicked system of things on it that will end.  Which is why it is so important to be "no part" of it.

As the Book of Revelation promises, Jehovah "will bring to ruin those ruining the earth".   Only then will the meek be able to inherit it.

Then his special talk was:  Go With the Strength you Have.   The key scripture was:

Judges 6:14-16: "Jehovah faced him and said: “Go with the strength you have, and you will save Israel out of Midʹi·an’s hand. Is it not I who send you?”  Gidʹe·on answered him: “Pardon me, Jehovah. How can I save Israel? Look! My clan is the least in Ma·nasʹseh, and I am the most insignificant in my father’s house.”  But Jehovah said to him: “Because I will be with you, you will strike down Midʹi·an as if they were one man.”"

We have a vast Kingdom preaching work to do - plus we have a struggle with our own imperfections, and with the stresses and strains the present system of things is causing us.  But if we do our best, and keep going, Jehovah will do the rest.  We can rely on His strength and His promises.


No comments:

Post a Comment