Sunday 8 April 2018

Walking and Talking

Jean and I went to the Field Service group on Saturday morning. Good thing we did really as there weren't many of us there.   A lot of us are on holiday this week.  However, the territory was not suitable for us. It meant too much walking.  Jean's ankle was really bad - she was heroic to be out at all. So we did calls.  The first one - not at home - the last one - not at home - but the call in the middle was at home - asked us in for coffee - and lasted nearly two hours!    And we are invited back.

So that was just right.  Jean's ankle got a rest.  I walked her to her door - I can't park right outside it - she said she did not need any help up her stairs but would wave to me from the top to show she had made it.  So I waited till I saw her wave.

Old age makes doing the most ordinary things extraordinarily difficult.   We were saying that to Jacks, who was over for supper Saturday night - and agreeing that its a good thing you don't realise when you are young. It could blight your life.  Its not that you don't see some of the difficulties of age, but you are young, you are never going to be old...   then, suddenly...

The sad thing is that getting older should be wonderful in every way.  I don't know anyone who would go back and be young again, unless they could go back knowing then what they know now.

Which of course is exactly what the Bible promises us.
Job 33:25 says: "Let his flesh become fresher than in youth; Let him return to the days of his youthful vigor."

Yes.  Please. 


We had curry on Saturday night, mainly from the Waitrose chill cabinet, I must admit. But I did make a cucumber raita and a tomato curry.      I feel so desperately tired that its worrying me.

I chauffered two passengers to and from the Hall today - and a sister from Worthing was there, sitting with Jean and me.  I used to give her a lift in the old days - pre-knee.

The Butterfly Memberships flew through the letter box yesterday and I really ought to make myself go and do them so I can get the packages into the post tomorrow.

I am looking out over a grey and rainy Channel today - its been one continuous "April shower" all day.  Not that I mind.  I love all weathers, and don't want blazing sunshine every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment