Sunday 13 May 2018

A Ride in a Spaceship

I arrived at the Hospital for my ear scan expecting it be like the last scan I had years ago - when my knee troubles began I guess.  That had not been fun - about 45 minutes in a tube with all these strange noises clicking and clattering and whirring around me.  But I had prayed to Jehovah to keep me calm - and after a while I began to imagine I was in a spaceship hurtling through deep space on my way back to Planet Earth.

So I was expecting much the same this time. A ride in a spaceship. However, clearly I don't know my ear from my knee as this was quite different - much more claustrophobic. And also painful on my poor shoulders.

However, it only took 10 minutes which is what I kept telling myself - after of course praying to Jehovah to keep me calm.    So I clutched my panic button to me and gritted my teeth.

"Do many people press the panic button?"  I asked the nice young lad who nursed me through it as I tottered out of the spaceship onto the tarmac (of the Hospital carpark, where the Scan Caravan was parked).  "Oh yes" he said cheerfully.  "Every day.  We've had two already this morning."

Its amazing what Jehovah can do with a natural panicker and headless chicken like myself.

Bea of the North came with us, Captain Butterfly chauffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment