Thursday 17 May 2018

Botanical Bea

Handkerchief Tree, Davidia involucrata
While Bea was here we decided we would visit the Highdown Botanical Gardens, which we have been meaning to do for a while. So we went there for lunch on Tuesday.  It was a perfect Spring day - and the gardens, created in an old chalkpit on the top of the Downland, were splendid. We lunched at the little cafe after our walk.  Cottage pie for Bea and Captain, veggie quiche and salad for me.
Handkerchief Tree
There were splendid Handkerchief trees - see the Captain's photos.
On Saturday, Captain B, Bea and Jacks went to the Philip Jackson open day - coming back laden with  homemade cakes (oh, and also having seen some of his great new sculptures).  It was a special day in the congregation so Jean and I were at the Hall for the Field Service and the Branch Visit - the live broadcast. We had a sandwich lunch and a cup of tea there.

I wish I did not feel so tired.

Bea arrived safely back in the North yesterday afternoon.  I am getting back to my routine - got the Butterfly Memberships done, posted them on the way back from Maggie's yesterday - Jennifer joined me so we were able to stay a bit longer than I can on my own.  She is still keeping a diary. She seems to have a few more words on paper than she does verbally.  The human brain is an awe-inspiringly complex organ, easily surpassing any computer ever made.

It seems insane that we are expected to believe it evolved!

Maggie still loves and welcomes the sparkly fan that Captain B bought for me many years ago.  I hope it will continue to visit her as long as she enjoys it.

No comments:

Post a Comment