Thursday 24 May 2018

The Moth Whisperer

Spurge Marble, Lobesia occidentis (a rare micro moth)
Captain Butterfly is morphing into Captain Moth. It is fascinating, the world of Moth-ery.  And so many moths are so tiny that unless you see their photos you can't appreciate how lovely they are - little artworks in lace.
Silver-ground Carpet, Xanthorhoe montanata

Thistle Bell, Epiblema scutulana (a micro moth)

My youngest sister Pen is about to become a grandma again - this time to a granddaughter - so an exciting time in the family.

We - Captain Moth, Terry and me - went to Paul's Bat talk at the Wetland Trust on Monday night.  Poor Terry is not too well at the moment and did not join us on the Bat walk.  And I just managed the walk but had to sit down and miss the session at the Bat Pond.   Jackie did not come, not feeling up to Batwalking.   So we are all getting older and older and oh dear. ("Speak for yourself" I seem to hear the Captain saying indignantly.)

Jean and I were out doing return visits on Tuesday - had a lovely morning together. And I saw Maggie Wednesday afternoon. She was very happy to see me - not that she knows me now but she does love a visitor.

I am stuck at home today until my worryingly expensive medicine arrives.  Not that I mind having to stay in. Unlike most women I am a real homebody and have always loved being at home, and also, as usual, I am so tired.  The thought of showering and dressing is looming before me like a trip up Everest.

I dreamt last night that a James Bond/Avengers style villain had captured us (don't know who the "us" was, there was no-one else in the dream really), and left us to suffocate. I was hoping it would be a slow drifting into sleep, not an awful struggle for breath, when it began to dawn on me that I was not suffocating and I could get away. So I went outside in the dark and there was someone, or something, there to rescue me.

And did I hear that villain say:  "This is going to save the NHS a fortune" as he tiptoed away, twirling his moustachio?

No comments:

Post a Comment